Southeast Resource Development Council provides the following Advisory and Technical Services to our eight member First Nations.
575-360 Broadway Avenue
Winnipeg, MB R3C 0T6
Social Development Advisory Services:
Gwen John, Social Development Advisor
Social Development is about improving the lives of individuals and the community in which they reside. It is the Social Development Advisor's role and responsibility to provide a second level service to member First Nations in the following capacity:
• To clarify current and existing Income Assistance Program policy and procedures.
• To support First Nations in the development of internal policies and procedures.
• To providing on-going training as it applies to the Income Assistance Program.
• To conduct internal compliance reviews.
• To review and monitor external compliance reviews conducted by AANDC.
• Advocate on behalf of its members for positive social change.
• To provide advice and assistance on the development of opportunities alleviating income assistance dependency.
Social Development overall includes the integration of social, economic, health, educational and cultural programs to support community growth and self-sufficiency. It is our goal at the Tribal Council level to strengthen existing partnerships, programs and services.
The main services the technical unit provides is community planning and technical services.
The objective is to promote sustainable social, economic and physical development in First Nation communities by assisting, advising and training member First Nations in a broad range of community activities such as:
The purpose in technical services is to build capacity, provide economies of scale and improve the quality of life for First Nation communities by assisting, advising and training member First Nations in a broad range of technical services activities such as:
Henry Hildebrand, Capital/Housing Advisor
Arnold Mitchell, Capital/Housing Advisor
Mitchell Boulette, Housing Technical Advisor
Daphne Sinclair, Capital/Housing Consultant
Todd Barker, Maintenance Coordinator
Gail Ballantyne, Administrative Assistant
Please note: The Southeast Advisory and Technical Services team no longer provides Membership Services (Indian Treaty Status Cards or Registration) at this location. Members are encouraged to call either their First Nation Band Office or Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development Canada (AANDC), formerly Indian and Northern Affairs (INAC) at: 204-983-5910 or 1-800-567-9604.